- This event has passed.
Youth Employment Working Group: Leveraging Evidence for Action
November 2, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 8:45 am
This roundtable will focus on the role of evidence to mobilize stakeholders, foster policy change and influence local eco-system.
Questions to Consider:
1. What indicators can be used to provide reliable and informative evidence that large-scale youth employment interventions are effective, efficient, and scalable?
2. How do we use research and evidence to change policies around scaling youth programs?
3. How should we be using data to track issues of inclusion, exclusion, and differential effects?
4. How do we use research and evidence to change policies? Are governments more open to include youth employment as a priority due to COVID-19?
5. How can we use data to help alert us to unintended consequences? For example, some worry that urgent assistance programs (social protection and safety net programs) may create unintended dependency and negatively impact employment rates. Others worry that digital training and service delivery systems may create more inequality given uneven Internet access and the digital divide. What other unintended consequences do you think these scalable programs may have? How can we track the unintended consequences we cannot predict?