Program Manager, Scaling & Policy
Stanford Impact Labs
Stanford, California, United States
Opened on: August 22, 2022
Stanford Impact Labs is seeking a Program Manager for Scaling & Policy to develop and execute on strategies that help teams of researchers and community partners move along the path from evidence to impact. As we work to put science to use for society, evidence and insights generated through research-practice partnerships can change or expand how we understand and address social problems. Policymakers, practitioners, advocates, and funders are increasingly applying learnings from rigorous evidence to improve the design, implementation, and delivery of policies and programs.
Reporting to the Director of Innovation and Partnerships, the Program Manager for Scaling & Policy plays a key role in supporting SIL’s grantees in the process of translating evidence and insights generated in partnership into policy and practice at scale. The Program Manager for Scaling & Policy will join Stanford Impact Labs at a unique time of dramatic growth in the organization and therefore represents an exciting opportunity to shape the future of the role that research plays in solving social problems and building a culture of public impact at Stanford and beyond.
- Lead the planning and operations for programs or functions that have significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise.
- Evaluate programs or functions, policies and procedures. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures.
- Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program or function.
- Represent the program or function within the department, unit or school by committing resources and provide information and/or training. Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Manage and contribute e to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and compliance.
- May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Assess training needs and may develop associated training.
- May direct and/or supervise staff.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.